Monday, April 28, 2008

National Duathlon Festival Comes to Richmond

I just want to say it is a sad, sad thing when you have National Championships in a city and the local newspaper just barely covers the event -- burying the news in the middle or back of the sports section.
I mean first I looked to see if there was any coverage on the front page of Sunday's paper. Nope. Then, I looked on the front page of the sports section. Nope. I never did find the coverage from Saturday's off road race at the National Duathlon Festival, until I looked it up online. And today, the coverage for the National's road race was buried in the back of the sports section.
Meanwhile, at Inside Triathlon online, they are also covering the winners. I guess it is just one more reason why I'm not a fan of the local paper.

No comments: