Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Yesterday I found out that a friend of mine died. Margie Robinson-Jeter was one of the reasons I loved to work at Style Weekly. She was always positive. Always nice. And so grounded.
I left Style in 1996 but since we lived only a block from each other, I'd see her quite often, even after I left Style. The last time I saw her was just a couple months ago. We ran into each other at Target, but we talked for almost 10 minutes, catching up. She was so sweet. Kept saying how beautiful my kids were. Talked to me about how things were at Style, 10 years after I left.
Margie was only 41 and her kids are not much older than Daisyhead Maisy. This has been a rough year.
I'm going to her visitation in a few minutes. I hope that I can tell her husband something that gives him comfort, but what can you really say to a man who lost the love of his life?

3 comments:

Sarachkah said...

I was a friend of Margie's too. I worked at Style from 1998-2001, so after you had already gone. She was an amazing woman. I was so sorry to have missed the service yesterday. I am still kind of in shock about the whole thing.

Jill said...

I have been looking at my high school yearbooks and remembering what great times we had together in high school. Margie was indeed a good friend to many. She was also very smart, an honor student and it was good to know that my parents did not have to worry when I went to her house or when a group of us went out for pizza, to the mall or to a game. We all got along just great, always looked out for one another and continued to do our best in keeping in touch even though time and distance took us to different destinations.

I wish I could have made it to her memorial but we live near St. Louis so it was impossible. I thought about her on Tuesday, May 20 and I continue to pray for Tom, Grace and Calvin as well as the rest of the family.

Jill

Jill said...

I apologize. I meant to say that I thought about Margie on May 30, the day of her Memorial service. Not May 20.