Saturday, May 06, 2006

The Triathlon Shuffle

Today was a good day. Great weather, 70's but breezy. An old workout buddy and I got to swim together at the ACAC this morning. That was great because our swim coach is in St. Croix doing at Half Iron Man and I didn't want to go 2 weeks with no swim.
Then, off to the bike at West Creek. I got there late because of the swim, so I played catch up the whole time. Made me go fast though. 12 miles went by quickly. Fast means hard. Plenty of my team (the fast ones) had left by the time I started my 2 mile run. That was Ok though. The rest of us that were left at the end went for a well-earned coffee at Starbucks. I had a iced grande americano with just a touch of caramel sauce in it.

It was the best start to a run I've had in a while. The smile on my face was so big! Yesterday I got my free ipod. This was my first time using it. I'm so happy it is a shuffle, it is so lightweight and there is nothing like listening to your favorite musicians to motivate you.

GRTA was giving the ipod shuffles away to folks who promised to ride their bike to work at least 2 days a week for 2 months. I figure it's just the motivation I need to save some gas money. I figure I'll ride downtown one day (20 miles round trip) and ride out to West Creek (16 miles round trip) for practice on the other.

No comments: