Friday, June 02, 2006

The Visitation

Going to Margie's visitation was really strange. It was like stepping back in time 10 years, when I used to work at Style. No one really looked like they had aged, everyone looked the same even though I hadn't seen them in 10 years. Only one person looked different, and she was 4 the last time I saw her.
I felt bad I couldn't stay for the funeral, since I only had someone watching Redfish for 30 minutes, but seeing that it was standing room only made me feel like I made the right decision. I wasn't close to Margie and there were so many people who were. Just being there was really moving, especially seeing all those folks who had only one thing in common -- that they loved her.
When I go, if people come together to remember me....make sure it is outside near nature. I've never been an inside kind of person.

No comments: