Saturday, May 20, 2006

A Wild and Windy Day

I had so been looking forward to this day. And I guess I can't complain.
I woke up in the middle of the night and remembered that the swim at the ACAC tomorrow was cancelled. Actually, I was already awake, nursing RedFish. It was 2:30 a.m. and he kept waking up. I think he is working on his bottom eye teeth. I was happy to realize that I could sleep in without feeling guilty. And VERY happy that I didn't have to get my butt out of bed, drive to Southside and then realize that I was awake at an ungodly hour, in my swimsuit for no reason.

We met at 8 for a tire changing clinic, and then rode 18 very windy miles. When I came home I was complaining to Mr. Preschool about how the 1 mile run after sucked and about how I thought it was supposed to get easier. He kindly reminded me that it was only a week or two ago that I was proclaiming that it finally had gotten easier. I guess no two days are the same.
Maybe it was the wind? I had never ridden in wind like that, I was being blown all over the place. Anyway, at least now I'm prepared if it is windy on race day.

Seven days till the race. I know I'll be ready, but I have to remember that this is the first race of the season and I'll have more time to train. My goal for the July 23 3Sports race is to be able to run the entire 3.2 miles with no stopping, in under 35 minutes. For this race, i'd jump for joy at 37...something.

No comments: