Sunday, February 25, 2007

1/2 mile. Repeat. 1/2 mile. Repeat. 1/2 mile. Repeat. 1/2 mile. Repeat. 1/2 mile. Repeat.

Well the half mile repeats yesterday were tough. For one, it was wayyyyyy colder than I expected. With springlike temperatures all week, I was expecting it to be warmer than the 20 degrees someone spotted on their thermometer.

I'm learning that half mile repeats (like everything else) is something that you get better at with time. I went out too fast on my first one (5:08 instead of 5:25)....and so by the time I got to number 6...I was fried....(6:08 instead of of 5:25).

I found myself thinking I prefered long easy runs...like last weeks 8 miles....something I never thought I would say. And, while I tried to stop my brain before I thought that....it was too late...and my wish has come true. Saturday we are scheduled for an easy 8-10 mile run.

At least my kids will have Gramma & PopPop around to entertain them, since it appears I will be gone all morning on Saturday...once again.

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Nice job on the repeats! I am finding the pacing part hard when we have to do so many, too!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it interesting to see what we now consider "easy" workouts? We are getting stronger!

Susie Q