Saturday, May 31, 2008

Daisy -- My Little Triathlete


This is just a shout out to Daisy who finished her first real triathlon this morning! I am soooooo proud. She did it all by herself and she had fun the whole time! I almost cried while she was in the pool. I was so nervous (more than she was!) and so worried about how she'd get out of the 6 foot deep water and then get across the wet tile floor without slipping, but she did great. Kudos to all of the PowerKids volunteers who helped her. They were amazing, took her bike from her and racked it, even helped with her shoes! How come no one told me that kids triathlons are like Ironmans?

God I love her, I cannot tell you how proud I am!
Also, a shout out to all the other TRIgirls kids who raced -- especially the other first-timers Christopher M, Rylee D, and Reilly R.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Daisy, and to you too, mama!

Sarah said...

Congrats to Daisy for doing such an amazing job and congrats to the proud mama for allowing her daughter to do such an amazing thing.

(and that picture is fabulous!)

Trihardist said...

Oh excellent! What a great kid!

Nancy Toby said...

Congratulations, triathlete Daisy!

Unknown said...

Look at her cruising along in her trigirl skirt - so cute!!

sq

tri-ing races not cases said...

Yay Daisy! How awesome!

Diane said...

She's so adorable and did such a great job in the race! Congrats to both of you!!!