Saturday, May 03, 2008

A Beautiful Day for Triathlon

A beautiful, perfect day. I didn't quite make it the 20 miles on the bike, but figure I was closer to 18 miles. A short run-off, and then rushing home to meet the sitter. Mr. Preschool got to ride with me today! And I'm not sure if it was because I'm just fast or his bike was malfunctioning, but I actually smoked him! Hey, I'll take what I can get.
Then, off to Daisy's soccer game. Her team is full of so many players she didn't get to play much, but she had lots of fun.
Then a nap. Then the park, dinner. And some bike riding -- for her. Trying to get her ready for the big race -- her first real triathlon, the PowerKids Triathlon. Luckily they are allowing training wheels!
I was thinking lots about all my teamates and friends doing Smith Mountain Lake Triathlon and White Lake Half today. I'm glad they had a beautiful day for a race.

No comments: