Sunday, March 02, 2008

Back in the Pool

This week I finally got the go-ahead from my physical therapist to get back in the pool. I was so excited! Dr. Dec was worried I'd do more harm than good if I started swimming before I regained full extension of my arm and shoulder, so we were taking it slow getting back in the water. I dropped Redfish off at the Y's daycare in the gym and decided to just take it easy and see how things felt when I got back in the water. I could definitely feel my chest muscles not wanting to cooperate with all of the new movement, but managed to get in a mile anyway. Still a bit sore 2 days later, but it's all for the best. I've got some catching up to do . Another report after Masters tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you are joining masters. take your time...no more injuries!

TriGirl 40 said...

Can't wait to see you at Masters tonight - you'll catch up in no time!