Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Payoff of Wearing Workout Clothes All Day

So, you know I've been working out HARD all summer. Probably peaking with the intensity of my workouts back in early August with the 46 mile bike. I have been running since last February. And while I have lost some weight, it hasn't been in the past 2-3 weeks. I'm in my off season. I'm taking a minibreak before I start my winter training for EagleMan in Decmeber. I am comparatively slacking. ...running 2-3 times a week, 3-4 miles each time. Biking and swimming maybe once a week.
But, yesterday, I didn't have time for a shower after my morning run. I stayed in my lycra bike style running shorts and my Ryka IronGirl performance tee all day. It was embarrasing how many people came up to me to tell me how great I looked, how much smaller I looked. In my stinky, old running clothes! They all wanted to know what race I was training for, how hard I'd been working out.
I'll have to try that one more often. It's like people think you only work out if they can see you in your grungies! My badge of courage, I'll have to remember that one next time I want some attention and encouragement.

1 comment:

j m holland said...

I always think you look great but I think they think you look great because you feel great because you worked out and they didn't.
Besides your tri shorts are hot.