Saturday, July 15, 2006

40 Miles on the Bumble Bee

I know, it's been a really long time since I posted. My training is ramping up, getting more intense. Mr. Preschool went to San Diego for a week and was replaced with my mom! (That threw things out of whack!) And basically, I haven't had the time that I'd like to devote to this blog.
A week from tomorrow is my next race, the Shady Grove 3 Sports Triathlon. I'm ready. The main goal really for this race is to improve my time from the last race and break 35 minures on the 5K. The training is done. Either I'll do it or I won't.
Today we biked 40 miles. That is a new distance record for me. I have to say, It felt kind of rough getting off the bike. Sort of like when you've been on a ship for a week and then you try to walk on land. My legs didn't quite know what to do once they stopped going in circles. The workout took just over 2 hours. We averaged about 17 mph.
I'll have to get a photo up soon, but since all the cool triathlon chics name their bikes, I decided of course I had to name ours too. The bumble bee. May it buzz me up some hills!

No comments: