Thursday, October 09, 2008

Ironman Buys Ironkids Brand

We all know that Ironman events are some of the best run events in the world.
I've experienced 2 events owned by the Ironman brand --Irongirl Colombia and Eagleman Ironman 70.3. The were really well run races. Now, annouced today, Ironman has bought back the IronKids brand and are launching an 8 city youth triathlon series. I can only hope that there is an event near Richmond, because I'd love for Daisy to experience that -- but I'm unlikely to drive too far for her to do it. Stay tuned for more details....

October 8, 2008 – Today, World Triathlon Corporation (WTC), owners of
Ironman, Ironman 70.3 and Iron Girl, announces the growth of its brand
portfolio. In 2009, IronKids, the newest member of the WTC family, will
launch
an eight-city youth triathlon series culminating with a national
championship.
The IronKids̢۪ mission is to inspire and motivate youth
through the sport to
lead an active, positive and healthy lifestyle. The
national event series,
targeting children ages six to 14-years-old, will
offer an interactive weekend
experience for the entire family.

1 comment:

Sara Cox Landolt said...

I also hope to catch an IronKids race. Our oldest son did his first local youth tri when he was 5.
Once my husband and I got out of the way, our son had so much fun!

He was scared, but did it anyways. His smile was the best. You can see a picture of him here on my post. http://ironmakeover.blogspot.com/2008/09/what-finish-feels-like.html

Triathlon is helping so many people change their minds about what is possible. I love that.