Friday, August 15, 2008

Sharks in the Pool? Oh My!

Well, Coach Adam won the sperm helmet. It is OK by me! But I will miss getting that photo of me and ANNN in our matching dork helmets.

I dropped my Y membership today. Too expensive. But I will miss those Masters swims with Ironwoman Canada. I hear she'll be out for a while anyway, which will make it less painful to lose.
In the meantime, I'm off for my 5K Ocean Swim in Virginia Beach. I'm feeling nervous about it. I keep thinking about the sharks, which is funny, becuase that never even crossed my mind at Sandman all these years. Maybe it's the fact that I'll likely be in the water 2 hours that has me thinking I need to worry. Last night, one of the regulars, Rick, brought his daughter to swim in the fast lane. She was so fast, that when I caught her out of the corner of my eye I did think she was a shark. I guess that is just where I am right now. Everyone has their demons. Today mine are sharks.

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Good luck in the 5K swim tomorrow - you will do great.

Sarah said...

Awesome - have a great swim - that is super far and you will ROCK it!! I voted for you, sounds like it was supah close!